Be A Kid
Have you ever made your own paper? Have you ever made your own paper from a bike powered blender? Meet Barabra:
Each year, EarthFest offers a space just for kids. This “free build” Makers Space for crafts and creative exploration offers kid friendly activities and projects. Kids will be able to approach the station and build crafts out of the provided recyclable materials with the guidance of volunteers. And yes, they can hop on Barbara and blend their own paper. Besides crafts, the Youth Area has a variety of green games and activities hosted by community partners each year.
- Coloring Station
- Pop Top Necklace
- Sock or Sleeve Puppet
- T-shirt Bags
- Cardboard Paper Roll Planter
- Cardboard Paper Roll Matchbox Car
- Cardboard Paper Roll Airplane
- Cardboard Paper Roll Snake
- Cardboard Marionette Bird
- Cardboard Tube Owl
- Pet Rock with Knox Rocks Facebook Group
- Paper Tube Bird Feeders with the Knoxville Arts and Fine Crafts Center
- Recycle Relay Race
- Giant Environmental Matching Game
Youth Area Community Partners hosting events and activities at EarthFest 2018:
- Knox County Storm Water will be hosting their Enviroscape.
- Knoxville City Schools will be hosting their Recycled Art Show.
- Knox Makers will be hosting Brenda the Bike Blender and recycled paper demo.
- Monsters Made With Love & Bearden High Environmental club will be hosting a self-love sewing workshop, beginning at 11:00 and again at 2:00. Maximum of 20 per session! Please register at the youth area to secure your place or it’s first come, first served.
Rising will be teaching kid’s yoga workshops at 11:00, 11:30, and 1:00.
11:00: Wiggle and Giggle (Ages 3-7) – Enjoy some fun while learning easy poses, rhymes and relaxation.
11:30: Creative Movement for Mommy and Me! – Fun yoga songs and games for preschoolers.
1:00: Sonic Body (Ages 7-10) – Free spirit yoga for body and mind!
- Sierra Club will be hosting pine cone bird feeders and leaf rubbing.
- Knoxville Arts & Fine Crafts Center will be hosting recycled paper roll bird feeders.