To see a map for this year’s EarthFest, please click here!
Click here to learn what type of music will be at EarthFest.
EarthFest Education Expedition: Listen, Learn, Stamp, Win!
Journey through EarthFest to expand your horizons and win prizes! Travel through EarthFest Village with the Enviro-Characters, watch demonstrations from vendors, and learn from keynote speakers to earn entries into a grand prize drawing. Each participant will receive a small prize for their efforts.
Youth Area: Crafts & Active Games
The Innovation Station will be our “free build” area for crafts. Kids will be able to approach the station and build anything out of the provided recyclable materials. If kids want, and with the guidance of volunteers, we will provide several pre-made example crafts.
- Coloring Station
- Pop Top Necklace
- Sock or Sleeve Puppet
- T-shirt Bags
- Cardboard Paper Roll Planter
- Cardboard Paper Roll Matchbox Car
- Cardboard Paper Roll Airplane
- Cardboard Paper Roll Snake
- Cardboard Marionette Bird
- Cardboard Tube Owl
- Pet Rock with Knox Rocks Facebook Group
- Paper Tube Bird Feeders with the Knoxville Arts and Fine Crafts Center
- Recycle Relay Race
- Giant Environmental Matching Game
Community Partners at or near the Youth Area hosting events and activities:
- Knox County Storm Water will be hosting their Enviroscape.
- Knoxville City Schools will be hosting their Recycled Art Show.
- Knox Makers will be hosting Brenda the Bike Blender and recycled paper demo.
- Monsters Made With Love & Bearden High Environmental club will be hosting a self-love sewing workshop, beginning at 11:00 and again at 2:00. Maximum of 20 per session! Please register at the youth area to secure your place or it’s first come, first served.
- Kundalini Rising will be teaching kid’s yoga workshops at 11:00, 11:30, and 1:00.
11:00: Wiggle and Giggle (Ages 3-7) – Enjoy some fun while learning easy poses, rhymes and relaxation.
11:30: Creative Movement for Mommy and Me! – Fun yoga songs and games for preschoolers.
1:00: Sonic Body (Ages 7-10) – Free spirit yoga for body and mind!
- Sierra Club will be hosting pine cone bird feeders and leaf rubbing.
- Knoxville Arts & Fine Crafts Center will be hosting recycled paper roll bird feeders.
East Tennessee Clean Fuels will host an AFV showcase featuring: a Tesla Model X, the University of Tennessee EcoCar (a Camaro that has been entirely rebuilt by UT students to run as an AFV!), a City of Knoxville propane lawn mower, and a Nissan LEAF.
Clean Fuels will give two presentations about alternative fuels during the day. The first is entitled “Driving Electric in Tennessee: What’s the Emissions Footprint?;” the second presentation will be “What Alternative Fuels & Vehicles are Available in East Tennessee?” The Clean fuel showcase will be located on the main lawn next behind the food/drink area.
Goodwill Pop-up Shop
When you shop at Goodwill, not only are you keeping great clothes out of the landfill, but you are helping to fund job training programs in our community. Goodwill will be hosting a mini Popup Shop at Earthfest, featuring a hand-selected assortment of pre-loved clothes. Get a sneak peak at some of the items they’ll be bringing by liking Goodwill Industries-Knoxville on Facebook.
Austin Bennett Art
East Tennessee Permaculture Research Institute
Sprig N Twig
Narrow Ridge Earth Literacy Center
Sassafras Fiber Arts
Knoxville Area Brewers Association
Alliance to Save Energy
Pagan Pride of East Tennessee
Brigid KO Designs
Wee Care Diaper Service
Knoxville Regional TPO
Smoky Mountains Hiking Club
Hound and Beagle
City of Knoxville Tree Board
Sustainable Harvest Farm
Keep Knoxville Beautiful
Simple Wish Creations
City of Knoxville Parks and Rec
Knoxville Bonsai Society
Southeastern Cave Conservancy, Inc
Little River Watershed Association
Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley
Dye Trying and CeraMYx
East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition
Water Quality Forum
Happy Skin Naturals
Knoxville Arts & Fine Crafts
Wildlife Habitat of South Woodlawn
Monsters Made with Love
Ijams Nature Center
Knox Makers and the Maker City
Engaging Knoxville in Ecology and Evolution
Nothing Too Fancy
City of Knoxville Solid Waste
WUTK 90.3 FM
TN Recycling Coalition
Center for Peace
Douglas J Aveda Institute
UT Ecological and Evolutionary Biology
Knoxville Botanical Gardens
TDEC Office of Policy/Sustainability Practices